Monday, September 8, 2008
Week 2
Today went so much better. I think that by adding the specials, a more set routine and the curriculum, the students seemed much more focused and seem to be getting into the groove a little better. No, that does not mean that all the problems have ceased... or even diminished at all... but I'm hopeful! Having more stuff to do throughout the day seems to keep them focused a little more. I'm sure having a dance class in the middle of the morning did a lot to help the behavior of the day. During math class, using manipulative blocks allowed them to use their hands more, and I think that was very useful with this group.
I got "called" down to the office to meet with the principal and the vice principal this afternoon. Talk about intimidating!!! She seemed a little upset that I had called my Field Placement Advisor to ask about my still undetermined Winter placement.
Side Note: this is what I am supposed to do!!! The reason this rule has been put into effect is because not all student teachers are doing both of their authorizations at the same school.
Ok, back to what I was saying. She wasn't really happy that I had (in her eyes) gone over her head. I've been told that she has some control issues... and I guess she wanted me to go to her first. Oh well.. that's not what I was supposed to do.... so there! My Field Placement Advisor told me that she was going to put me at the school's field study Kindergarten, which.. of course... would be super convenient for me transportation-wise. I don't think it would have been a valid experience for teaching though... since it's a field study, and only has 10 students. The Anytown principal decided that she didn't like that idea... so she's finding me a place here in a Kindergarten class. I don't think this was an indicator of her changing her opinion of me... but more a desire to control the situation.
Posted by Jenn at 4:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment