Monday, September 15, 2008

Here we go again...

I know it's been a few days -- but I'll do my best to catch you up with what's been going on. 

Thursday was pretty uneventful. Nothing too spectacular to report on. When I went home, I pulled a box down from my closet, and discovered my metal Chinese Checker board. When I say discover... I mean that I found it when it slid off the box and hit me in the nose. Yep, felt just as good as it sounds. 

Friday morning, I woke up to a nice swollen nose and pounding headache! I called Mrs Z, told her I wasn't coming in, and made an appointment to get an X-Ray. Drum Roll please.... minor fracture. It didn't dislocate, but had a slight fracture... and it's sore.. and swollen. So... I get the day off... but OUCH! I slept most of the day and enjoyed my Costco bottle of Ibuprofen. I think the headache is worse than the nose. 

Now, it's Monday, and boy... is it ever! The students are tired, complaining about aches/pains and not super motivated to do anything... but are too tired to fight it. The schedule did change a little bit, thanks to the principals control issues, but nothing too drastic. Mrs Z called me last night and asked me to teach the second health/nutrition lesson tomorrow. And now, I'm sitting here at 11:10 on Monday morning and I have no idea what I'm going to do. Guess I'll talk with Mrs Z at lunch and figure something out.  

0 comments: