Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pretty simple day

Thank goodness for that simple unit plan we did this summer. Granted, I didn't use it much -- but it did give me a good jumping off point. I found a video clip that introduced the food pyramid and food groups. I made a poster to put up in the classroom and put some examples of foods along with the poster. Not my best lesson -- but I think I got my objective across. 

Anytown School also follows a form of classroom management called ENVoy. I'm not sure if I completely agree with it, but I don't really have a lot of choices. The ENVoy coach came in today and wants me to learn at least 3 of the main points. The first point is called "Exit Directions". The second is "Influence Approach". The third is called "Freeze Body". I'm going to go ahead and make copies from the book about these three points and put them in here. Who knows -- maybe something will benefit my classroom later on. 

0 comments: