Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Big Mouth

It's going to take a little while to get the hang of this schedule. Tuesdays are devoted to the majority of the students specials. From 12:30 on, they're gone, and only come back into the classroom to get their backpacks, coats... and then leave. This is the same schedule for all of the third grade classes. Starting next week, this time is called "imbedded PD" or (imbedded professional development). I'm not really sure what that means... but I guess I'll figure it out next week. Today, this time was spent catching up on paperwork, making copies, and all that other junk. I spent the time going through magazines to find pictures for my design journal (see entry for September 6th). 

Once the kids had left for the day, we were talking about the schedule for tomorrow. Mrs Z mentioned that she wanted to start a health/nutrition... and guess who opened her "big fat mouth"!!! Yep.. that would be yours truly. So, I'm teaching health class tomorrow. Big-Mouth Me mentioned that this summer I did a unit of study around "food" and that my lesson plan specifically focused around health/nutrition and the Food Pyramid. Well... guess what I'm teaching tomorrow... YEP!

0 comments: