Saturday, September 6, 2008

Design Journal & Self Identity Project

For my practicum class.. we have 4 assignments to do between now and December.  Most of the assignments are pretty generic: clock your hours online,  respond to others postings online, and read several articles. 

The other two are pretty cool. 

First, we have to do a "self identity" project. Basically, we need to develop a creative project that shares/builds/enjoys the identity of your students. The identity must contain and demonstrate an anti-bias curriculum lens and multicultural/urban ed practice. Along with the creative portion, I have to share this with my college class in some way, preferably as a “document," PowerPoint visual or video experience. Sheesh! I decided to do a collage project combined with silhouette. I want students to go through magazines and find pictures and words that describe them, their families, their classroom, their friends, etc. Then, they'll fill in their "heads" with these pictures/words. I'll write more about as it gets closer. 

The second project is a design journal. My cohort leader's (aka practicum teacher) focus is on the environment, and how the environment can be another teacher in the classroom. So, since the environment is another teaching tool... we have to put together a design journal with ideas of fabric, colors, textures, furniture, and other elements that come together to create a classroom. It's kind of a fun activity. Since I've been in many classrooms, I've definitely narrowed down certain things that I want to do in my own room. I know that teachers come into a school with little/no control over color schemes, desks/tables, chairs, and storage capacity... so I chose to focus on  things that I can control (curtains, classroom policies, extra furniture, etc). I'll write more about that as it gets fuller. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://welcome-casino.aoaoaxxx.ru][img]http://s55.radikal.ru/i147/0912/3d/62ecfa4cfb24.jpg[/img][/url]

[IMG]http://s44.radikal.ru/i105/0912/3d/c3f5c104cbf9.jpg[/IMG]


[url=http://welcome-casino.aoaoaxxx.ru][img]http://s40.radikal.ru/i090/0912/0c/8e36e938cae3.jpg[/img][/url]














































[u][b]We can be found by these keywords:[/b][/u]
[url=http://welcome-casino.aoaoaxxx.ru/sitemap.html]casinos en internet [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/casino-development.html]paris casinos [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/niagra-falls-casino.html]anadir url online casino [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/paradise-casino.html]casino blackjack gratuit [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/casino-cash.html]atlantis casino reno resort [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/seneca-allegany-casino-salamanca.html]maquina de casino [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/ameristar-casino-missouri.html]casino juego on line [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/palace-casino-resort-biloxi.html]casino and poker and ruleta [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/casino-poker-tournament.html]foro casino aranjuez [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/en-el-casino.html]casino juego gratis [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/cat-casino.html]java internet casino [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/las-vegas-casino-map.html]casino net [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/minnesota-casino.html]juegos de casino gratis para jugar [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/casino-poker-chip-set.html]juego and casino and internet and ruleta [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/rtg-casino.html]google juego casino [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/crown-casino-melbourne.html]aladdin resort and casino vegas [/url]
casino guide http 24hr onlinecasinos com
[b]comprar dvd baile salsa rueda casino[/b]
casino bonus central
primm valley casino resort
[b]on line casino bonus[/b]
casino craps
[u]tropicana casino vegas[/u]
video rueda casino
casino black jack and poker table
[b]casino juego poker[/b]
pelayo casinos
taj mahal casino atlantic city

Anonymous said...

[url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=35][img]http://s001.radikal.ru/i194/1001/f2/3b8e742581a0.jpg[/img][/url]












[url=http://mitglied.multimania.de/hnlgiui/]buy sonoma cigarettes [/url]
camel cigarettes cheap cigarettes buy online buy duty free cigarettes online indian reservations buy cigarettes
[url=http://mitglied.multimania.de/yaaysik/]age to buy cigarettes quebec [/url]
flavored cigarettes buy online how to order cigarettes online best place online to buy cigarettes
[url=http://mitglied.multimania.de/gdrzigo/]buy salem cigarettes [/url]
buy ultra buy premier cigarettes online mail order cigarettes seneca buy virginia slims cigarettes online
[url=http://mitglied.multimania.de/rehxicw/]where can i buy marlboro cigarettes [/url]
buy cigarettes online camel cigarettes by money orders buy cigarette
[url=http://usuarios.multimania.es/cmvaule/]is buying cigarettes online safe [/url]
nicotine free cigarettes buy buy barclay 100 cigarettes buy cigarettes on the internet forum
[url=http://usuarios.multimania.es/fpazvmi/]camel cigarettes order [/url]
order japanese cigarettes buy smoking cigarettes buy roll in cigarette filter tips
[url=http://usuarios.multimania.es/eaubahi/]laws about buying cigarettes online [/url]
buy cigarettes in va fake cigarettes to buy order newport cigarettes