Friday, October 5, 2007

CBEST/ORELA -- Prayers Please!

As most of you know I'll be graduating from Portland State in June. What some of you don't know is that I'm going on to graduate school to get my Masters in Education. As part of the application process, I have to take two exams and having passing scores to submit with my packet.

So, tomorrow I'm scheduled for 8 hours of exams (2 four hour exams) testing all the general knowledge that students learn in K-12. It's amazing how much of this stuff just leaves your brain when you don't use it for a while. I know I knew it then.... but having to re-learn it all over again (and then to teach it) is completely different. One of these tests (CBEST) is written with California State information in mind, and focuses on on the main subjects... but it's written at a 8th/9th grade level.. so I'm not too concerned about it. The other one (ORELA) is written with Oregon State information in mind, still focuses on the main subjects (adding PE, art and music)... but it's written at college level... so it's more like the SAT's all over again.

Wish me luck.... and ALL prayers are encouraged!!!

I'll let you all know how it goes.

0 comments: