Friday, October 19, 2007

Yep.. it's Halloween!!!!!


Is it seriously the end of October already??? I just got home from my wards Halloween Party. I love seeing all the adults dress up along with their kids... and even those whose kids weren't there. I'm always amazed by the creativity that I see at these kinds of parties. There was Ron (from Harry Potter), a biker dude, lots of spidermen, lots of pirates, and some gypsies... but there were some that were very unique: family of paleontologists, giant hot pink dice, Pippy Longstocking, 2 nuns (at an LDS ward party)... and 2 Sister Missionaries. Ok, those last two weren't that unique.. they really were the 3 Sister Missionaries for our ward... but I had to include them too. :-)

I even carved a pumpkin. There's nothing like the smell of pumpkin guts to get you in the spirit for Fall. I have to say... I did a great job too. My greatness has nothing to do with how "great" the pumpkin was... but purely based on the fact that I carved the ENTIRE pumpkin without physically touching any of the guts or having to put my hand inside the pumpkin. How amazing am I?!?!?!?!

I gotta give kudos to my sisters M&M (aka.. A & A) for this next bit. This time of year (rain, falling leaves, carving pumpkins, etc) tends to make me nostalgic... and it lasts from now till New Years. From now till November 1st, it's all about Halloween movies!!! There are so many that remind me of being a kid (thanks to M&M for reminding me of them), and there are lots that I have liked as I've gotten older. Hope these pictures bring back some memories! Click on the picture for a better view.

0 comments: