Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!!!


Hi Mom... I miss you.
I'm doing really good. I'm going to graduate soon. I'll be the first in our family (I think on both sides) to not only go to college, but to also graduate. I wish you were here to watch me. Can you believe I'm going to get my Masters too? Who'd have thought?!?!? I hope I make you proud! I'm finally going to finish all this stuff I've been working on for so long. I know you'd love coming up here to visit. I know you'd love the shops, the Farmers Market, the trees, Multonomah Falls, and of course... Seaside (cause it's just like Santa Cruz). I know you'd love my apartment and how "cozy" I've made sure it feels! Lots of cushy chairs/couches, candles, soft colors... very comfy! Sorry I don't get home as often as I'd like. I'm sorry I don't talk to the girls or dad as often as I'm sure you'd want. I do make sure I get home as often as I can though. I worked really hard at being able to go back to the temple. I know you were with me when I did your work, and have gone with me everytime I've gone back. I know you and Umemay were there when Susanne and I did both of your work. I hope you're proud of the work I'm doing on behalf of your side of the family. I'm going to keep doing it... so you can all be together up there; you need the chance to get to know each other!!!

Thank you for all the memories from Santa Cruz. There wasn't a single place on the boardwalk that I didn't think of you when we went there. I couldn't stop thinking of you on that new ride too... cause it was JUST like the JetStarr! I took Alex on the Loggers Revenge... just the 2 of us in the log, and it was late at night. I wanted to tell him about everything that you used to do with us there! I also took him on the Cave Train... it was a little different than the cars, but it still had all the cave people that were there when you used to take us. I got a bag of assorted Salt Water Taffy. I was so bummed that I didn't see it being pulled... but now I have a whole bag of the "best salt water taffy" there is! I still freaked out on that stupid Pirate Ship.. but had to put on a brave face for Alex. I couldn't do the RoundUp though. I know that was our favorite ride.. but my stomach just can't take it anymore! I thought of you watching Ashley and Alex on it though! I did go on the Rock-O-Plane though... I know! I'm so lucky that Alex wouldn't let it rock... or spin! And, no surprise, we didn't go on the SkyGlider. I was willing, for Alex, but we were too late. I did find the Cavemen though! And, of course... we did several rounds on the Giant Dipper, including one late at night. I even put my hands up like you always told me to.... but they didn't stay up for long. :-)


You're in my thoughts all the time! Not a day goes by that something doesn't mind me of you... of something you used to say, watch on TV, eat/drink, do, or of things that you and I shared.

Every morning I listen to Young and the Restless while I get ready for class. Jack is still cute, Victor still has that awesome accent, Katherine and Jill are mother and daughter (I know... can you believe it). Not many of the original people are still on there... but the same Nikki is divorcing the same Victor.. AGAIN!

I can't walk anywhere on campus without seeing someone drinking Pepsi... seriously, it's weird... it's like Starbucks up here.. EVERYWHERE!

Since I've moved and had to "re-learn" how to use a real kitchen... I'm constantly looking through the old "Betty Crocker" cookbook to answer stupid questions!

I watch Marie Osmond every week on Dancing with the Stars. You were the only one who understood my Osmond thing... Thank you for allowing me that one oddity! :-) Remember watching "Joseph...Technicolor Dreamcoat" on stage in SF? Thank you for standing out back with me while I waited to meet the "2nd G".

My late night snack is Rice Krispies with bananas!!! Serious flashback!!!

I love you so much! You're always in my thoughts! Thank you for visiting me in my dreams! I know you're right there with me!
Love you always,
Jemfur (Gee-Em-Fur)

2 comments:

Orange Peanut said...

What a nice tribute. You are going to have to fill me in on where your mom is? Sorry I don't know but now I am curious. p.s. Aren't blogs just a nice, easy place to put your thoughts down!

Talk to you soon, Megan Kanzler

Unknown said...

this was so nice Jenn. You made my eyes water and nose get all tingly reading this. I love it! I know mom is proud of you. How could she not be proud of us? Were her twiddle,cuddle bugs and jemfur. No matter how old we get.
But I know what you mean. Exploring Davis is so fun and I know mom would love all the garage sales and little shops and movie theaters. She does get to see them with us even if not physically.
Im really excited for you to see my Tattoo. Its more than i had hoped for and i love it so much and its perfect for mom. I know she might be a little eh about it at first BUT she'll soon get over it and learn to love it :]