Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Sunny State????

Ok, so I've been in CA now for a little over a week. And I came here, because...? With the exception of two people, and the three hours at church... I haven't seen ANY of my friends since I've been here. Heck, I haven't even seen one of my sisters.... and she lives 1/4 mile away. Yesterday, I FINALLY got out of the house for the first time in 4 days. Let me correct that a bit. I did get out for small amounts on the others days.... taking my nephew to/from preschool, and the post office drive-up boxes. Oh yeah, and I drove out to Concord (20 miles away) to bring my nephews power wheels to the shop where I met my sister, and then quickly reloaded the power wheels back in the truck to make the 20 mile drive back to Antioch. SO does NOT count as an outing! I haven't been able to gain access to any vehicle for anything that I've wanted to do, other than church on sunday (and I only pulled that off cause I took Alex with me from 8:30-4:30). Everytime I mention the concept of renting a car, my family gangs up on me and convinces me that it's "stupid to waste all that money, when there are two cars always here that you can use anytime". WHATEVER!!!! I think I finally hit my breaking point when I was told that I would not be able to use either car on thursday because of various outings, and come 8:30 at night, all plans at changed, both cars hadn't moved since 4, and no one chose to tell me until after 9 at night that I really could've used the car that evening.

As you may recall, I was strongly considering not coming into town at all this year.... I'd like everyone to remind me of this next year when I'm having the SAME dilemma. If I choose to come down again next year, I will only be coming for a few days (at least being here for the christmas program in my home ward, and for christmas day)... and I'm going to scrimp and save so that I can rent MY OWN car while I'm in town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you get up this way, we would really like to see you!!!! You have my number (916.410.0866), I can meet you somewhere or you can come to the house :)

Anonymous said...

sorry you feel so stuck...