Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Just some thoughts...

I've had so much on my mind lately... and I'm afraid if I don't get some of it out, my head will blow up. Granted, that could make finals a little more interesting.... but I've really been working hard at keeping my apartment clean, and that's an added mess I just don't need.

I've been spending the last few weeks deciding if I'm going home for the holidays or not. The logical side of me keeps saying that I need to stay here, work, and save money for the upcoming two terms and for graduate application fees. The sentimental side of me keeps telling me that I need to be with family and friends for the holidays. Here's the dilemma:
Winter term is going to be very expensive because I'm taking more credits (with the same amount coming from financial aid). Graduate application fees will run me close to $300, not to mention transcript costs. There's always the textbooks per term, plus housing, living expenses (food, bills, etc) and small incidentals that come up pretty regularly. See what I mean about a dilemma. Oh well.... I guess it'll all work itself out somehow. I've told people that I'm not going to play martyr and stay here unless it's going to be worth it.

Here's something else that's been on my mind.

** Friendships **

Over the last few months I've tried getting in touch with some of my friends from back home. Each time, I get answering machine recordings.... and never get responses when I leave messages. Now, these are both individuals who have proven many times over the years that they really are my true friends... but I've begun to wonder if it's more important for me to keep our relationship going than to them. I understand that we all get busy, but it's not like I'm calling to "chat" every day....twice a month would be great!!!! Is that too much to ask?!?!?!

0 comments: