So, I decided to start this NEW"project" off with a BANG.... and give all future weeks something to live up to!
Nah, not really! I just had an amazing 4-day-long birthday and did some amazing things (of which many were NEW) with some amazing people (who, as luck will have it are also NEW ---friends, not people... they've been people for a while!!!)
Many of you have been asking... what was my NEW this week.... well... hold on tight, cause WOO HOO!!!! *** Oh yeah... I'm going to stick this PREFACE in here so you don't do double takes while reading, and I don't receive a hundred comments of shock, disappointment and dismay. Yes... while on this trip, I enjoyed myself.... refreshments-wise. Don't worry... everything I did was completely legal... but it will surprise some of you, so I thought I'd warn you in advance.
On Thursday (official birthday day), I had an awesome time with my best friend... movie (Alice in Wonderland), dinner (TGI Friday's), dance lessons (NEW #1 - hehehe), fantastic conversations, and great music!!!! The day was filled with sharing memories from past birthdays, talking about growing up sharing my day with my dad, making goals/plans for the upcoming year, and talking about how different this year is from last year...as well as how hard I'm gonna ROCK this next year!!!! Heck... the day even included a flash back visit from a familiar friend... Captain ZOOM!!!!! Talk about a kick-butt way to kick off this AWESOME new year!!!!!
On Friday, I locked my keys in the car, and learned that my car is one of the most difficult to break in (in fact, the locksmith called in for backup...). No, this is NOT the fun NEW stuff.... me locking my keys in the car is a scenario I have fallen victim to WAY too many times (just ask the Roberts family!!) Once my keys were safely retrieved, and I was out of SLC... I packed (hold on to something - QUICK... I packed in 30 minutes, and left my room TRASHED... I know... NEW #2). After shoe-borrowing, gas filling, and dinner eating... I took off for St. George (9:30pm)!!! Finally drove into town at 1:30 (thank you to those who chatted with me on the drive and kept me alive!!).
Next morning (Saturday), we all woke up at 10, Caffeine fix,

lunch... and then back to the condo for FASHION SHOW and packing! Yes, I said it... Fashion Show. Now, you have to understand something about me... I would rather grab clothes from the store, take them home, try them on and RETURN them if they don't fit than to try clothes on in a dressing room... cause "who knows who can see me...". I understand the LAMENESS in this... but... oh well... GOTTA LOVE ME! Okay, so back to the fashion show. D and S (the girls) took out all of their cocktail dresses and had them laid out on their beds for me to try on... (oh yeah... did I mention D's a photographer!) So... I tried on about 10 or so outfits (take into consideration, I had not showered, or put makeup on yet)... and narrowed it down to a few contenders...
(No, the black "snap" was not in the running... but FUN nonetheless...maybe next trip). We all packed up, got ready... and hit the road!!! Lots of music, texting, random photos... and a few fun stops (I'll save you the > PG13 details...hehehehe). After an AWESOME shopping trip to Rhapsodielle and Ross (highly recommend Rhapsodielle!!!), and a dinner run, we headed to my friends (thanks Abbie!) to get ready! It was so great to see her after a year, and way fun having the girls "primp me" for the evening!!! Right about now... the panicky Jenn came out for a small appearance. Thank you Abbie, Abbie, Dar, Steph (and T via YC) for talking me away from the ledge, and helping me realize that I would be JUST FINE!!!!
Next thing I know... I'm in a cocktail dress, hair/makeup done, and on the way to the strip (NEW #4) to go a night club (NEW #5) and meet foreign boys (NEW #6). En Route to the strip, while texting T, I am "informed" that I will NOT be allowed to bring my phone into the club. Um, EXCUSE ME!!!! Panicky Jenn reappeared and screamed a few times!!!!!!!!! After a "confiscate Jenn's phone" message appeared on D's phone... I VERY reluctantly handed over my phone for the night!
Got into the Mirage... froze walking across the bridge from the parking garage.... and began our "Princess Walk" through the casino. D had pulled out all the stops and contacted a VIP from the Mirage!! Yep... we were led through the hotel... to the Revolution for shots,
and then back past everyone waiting in line.... and straight into the club with NO waiting! :-) How fun to find open bar till 12 (not that we utilized it to the fullest, but it was a nice perk). Scoped out some of the VIP tables.... and kinda planted ourselves in front of them for the night. Then... I actually got on the floor and "danced" (NEW #7). Now, you're probably asking.. "why the quotation marks around the word danced?" Well... that's a simple answer... cause I don't consider what I was doing as dancing as much as it was swaying on the floor in between two dancers so it appeared as if I were dancing. Now, don't get me wrong... compared to ANYTHING I've attempted prior to that night, this was dancing.... but I have SOOOOOOO far still to go before I'll be comfortable to pull it off without being in a sandwich!
Met some fun guys from France, England, India, Polynesia (not sure which islands).... granted, I'm still a bit too shy for my own good.... so when I say "met"... I mean the girls met... I saw!
About 3am, we left the club... wandered around the hotel (Love Floor, RainForest, Fish Wall, Lobby, and slot machines!) Met some more guys... Finnish, Idahoan (cause that TOTALLY counts as foreign, LOL), and Italian. Got a Birthday Kiss from the Idahoan (NEW #8) and a neck massage from the Finnish guy
(
NEW #9). Ended the night with "shoe shopping" (basically, rating the shoes of the girls coming out the club) before we finally decided that we were ready to take off. Froze running across the bridge again, and made it to the car around 5:30ish in the morning. D decided that she was good to drive back to St. G instead of staying at my friends... that way we could officially sleep the whole next day... so we did!
Back in St. G by 8:30.. inhaled leftover Subway sandwiches, and crashed out till 4!!! Later that night, Dar and Steph mentioned going hot tubbing. I kind of looked at that statement as my perfect excuse to get an early start back up to SLC... but... NOPE! Second glimpse of hope appeared when Dar asked me if I'd brought a swimsuit, tank top or shorts (no on all counts... come on people, I'd come down from SLC!!!) Figured that would be my free-and-clear in regards to subjecting myself to putting on swimming apparel. NOPE! Dar yells down that she and Steph have set out their extra swimsuits, and that I needed to grab one. How cute is that!!! The skinny 5'8 cutie is offering me her swimsuit... (sarcasm intended!!!) Well... I'm proud to say, that I fit my NON 5'8 NON skinny self into one of her medium sized (I know, right?!?!?) swimsuits! Now... here's the kicker. When I went upstairs to see what she had... you can imagine my SHOCK when I discovered that they were ALL 2 PIECES!!!!!! Um... HELLOOO!!!! Yes, I accept that I've lost weight, but come on... NO ONE should have to be subjected to seeing THIS in a two-piece yet!!! But... this WAS the weekend of NEW's... and although I have owned a two piece before (like when I was 2), this is still being called NEW #10. NOPE... I am NOT posting that picture... sorry... but I haven't burst out of my shell THAT much yet!!!! So... bikini on... we headed over to the hot tub, and just chilled out for a few hours before I realized that I should probably get back on the road... 4 hour drive, and work the following morning!!!! Again, thanks to those of you who let me call (cause... of course I didn't TEXT and drive....ummmm) and chat with them while I drove home to make sure I made it home in one piece!!!
I cannot possibly say "THANK YOU" to the girls enough for this amazing weekend!! What an awesome memory and great stories that I've taken away from that trip (and we ALL know that I'll remember every detail FOREVER!!!) I cannot WAIT for the next opportunity to check-out of my shell for a while!!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment