I'm still at a loss to figure out how this happened. When we're kids, we hear adults say how "fast time flies"... and we all roll our eyes but don't quite understand what the heck that means. I mean, seriously... didn't it seem like eons between Christmases and Birthdays... not to mention, weren't we all in 7th grade FOREVER!!!! I remember waiting for that one moment to occur when I would actually feel time flying... but that moment never came.
I remember being in my early 20's, and semi-recognizing how quickly a year seemed to be going by, but there was always an excuse for it (looking forward to something: payday, new semester, change in season, dates, etc). By the time I hit my late 20's... I had actually begun to use that same phrases I had heard for years: "Where did March go?" " Didn't we just have Christmas?" "Rent's due AGAIN??"
Well, tomorrow is my marker for another year going by.... I'll turn 33. Wasn't it just yesterday that I wrote my "I just turned 30" blog entry??? I know I've already written about all the things that happened last year.... but SERIOUSLY... turning 32 was 365 days ago??? Maybe I'll chalk it up to the nearly 18,000 miles I've put on my car since this time last year (I wonder if going 80 mph makes time fly faster?) Maybe I'll blame the time confusion on living in 2 states (back and forth) for 8 months. How about working 4 different jobs? Living in 4.5 different houses? All of those seem completely logical in this time-loss dynamic... right?!
So, tomorrow I turn 33. I remember being a kid and doing the math to realize that I would be 23 in the year 2000... and thinking that was old. Now, don't get me wrong on here.... I AM NOT OLD!!! I am however, the same age my mom was when my sister and I were 7 and 5. I'm the same age Jesus Christ was when he was crucified (WOW... now there's a reality check on life's accomplishments if there ever was one). Guys that I went to school with (give or take a few years) are now eligible to become the President of the United States (frightening!!!). Amelia Earhart was 33 when she became the first woman to fly across the Atlantic alone.
WOW!!! Seriously... I'm thinking it's time I kicked "my game" into hyper drive! Bucket list is awesome (and coming along beautifully.... the activities, not the list itself... I do have ambitions people!). Also... starting tomorrow (so be sure to check back) a NEW activity is beginning in the movement to DISCOVER JENN!!! It should be a blast... include LOTS of pictures....require LOTS of new blog entries.... and possibly inspire someone out there in bloggerville! So... stay tuned, and tomorrow, I'll let you in on my little secret... :-)
hehehehe - I know... you're all on the edge of your seats... I can tell!!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Another year Already
Posted by Jenn at 5:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
As long as it's not illegal, immoral or fattening I support you 100%.
Happy Birthday :)
Post a Comment