Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lesson from Harry Potter

Many of you have heard about the frustrations that I have been dealing with. Some of you have not. There is very little I can do to "fix" any of the issues, and am simply trying to tread water until my situation changes itself. 


On Friday night I sat down to watch a movie. I put in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix... and went about my evening (homework). Now, mind you.. I've seen this movie close to a dozen times... but this time, something was different. Have you ever watched a movie, listened to a song, or read a scripture... and found a whole "new" piece that you SWEAR wasn't there before. Well, that happened to me again; for another time, check out this entry

Lately, I've been feeling that the Adversary has been working extra hard on me.. and in ways that I'm very unfamiliar with. We all have our trials, but wow... I never thought I'd have this one to deal with. His latest method primarily focuses on making me feel lonely, and unsupported... thereby breaking me down emotionally. For those of you that know me... I'm a pretty socially connected person... and this one is killing me. 

This time's "AHA" came in a conversation between Harry Potter and Luna Lovegood while she was feeding the Thestrals. Harry was feeling that no one understood him, or believed in him.. and that he was feeling very lonely. 

Luna: We believe you, by the way. That He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is back, and you fought him, and the Ministry and the Prophet are conspiring against you and Dumbledore.

Harry: Thanks. Seems you're about the only ones that do.

Luna: I don't think that's true. But I suppose that's how he wants you to feel.

Harry: What do you mean?

Luna: Well if I were You-Know-Who, I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it's just you alone you're not as much of a threat. 

1 comments:

Lindy Leigh said...

I'm sorry you are feeling lonely...it's hard to be away from most of your friends and family...we can't wait to see you!

♥Lindy