Friday, January 5, 2007

Vacation Round One - California


I’m actually writing this after the fact, and considering I got to spend time with most of you during my 3 weeks away... I spare the minute details. I’ll just give a brief overview of what kinds of things I did, and where I went. If you want to know more about anything... just ask...

From December 16-28, I spent time in Antioch, California (which for those who didn’t know... is where I was born and raised). I spent time with my three sisters, my dad, and my nephew.. not to mention the countless friends that I consider my family!!! I had a chance to go to my ward in Antioch (actually both A2, and H2), and even played volleyball with some of my friends. I had a fantastic time “power shopping” for stocking stuffers with my psuedo-mom, and having my first taste of sushi for my cousin’s birthday. I realized how much I missed having cats sleeping with me at night, and how much I missed 3 1/2 year old little nephew hugs. I spent time getting chocolate samples from Sees Candies, taking my former youth group girls out to lunch, watching movies with my friends, and keeping kids happy at church. On Christmas Eve, I got to help with a children’s nativity program (complete with costumes), attended a family mexican dinner with some fantastic family friends, and trying to cram all the “goodies” I bought into stockings that were MUCH too small. Looking back, I had a great time with everyone! I loved visiting with everyone and getting reacquainted with all of my friends and family. I can’t believe how much I’ve missed everyone, but I know that I’m doing the right thing with school right now.

0 comments: