
Again, I’m writing this after the fact, so you’re getting the condensed version of my trip to Utah, but feel free to ask if you want to know more about anything!
On December 28, I flew from Oakland to Salt Lake City and got to spend the next week in Highland, Utah with my “Utah Parents”. This week was much different than my time in Antioch! I spent this week doing a lot more thinking, praying, studying, and reading than I did in California. I had a lot of things that I needed to think about, and really welcomed this time to think about the choices that I have been making and which ones need to be readjusted and which ones needed to be completely eliminated!
I did have a chance to spend some time each day visiting with my friends in the area too. I went to lunch with my former roommates, visited with my former youth leader, and did some “catch up” with some friends that I don’t get to spend nearly enough time with. I got to spend some quality time with my friend and her family, and really feel like I was part of the family again. Did some of my “computer coaching” (Love you Karen!!) At my Utah parents house, we had a pizza party with a group from my former Young Women’s group in Antioch, and had a great time reminiscing about all the fun times we had in our old ward. I got to see my childhood friends two kids, including her 5 month old baby girl. On New Years Eve, I beat my Utah parents 3 out of 4 rounds in Rummikub. Held a snake. Candle shopped (bless the Candle outlet!) Had a great lunch visit with a friend that I hadn’t seen in almost 10 years (and 18 total moves between us).
The whole week I was there, there was very little snow. I started to get a little bummed that there wasn’t much snow, even on the mountains. My friend told me that a “storm” was due in on Friday... which would be great if I wasn’t heading back to Portland on Thursday. But, no fear!!!! I woke up Thursday morning to SNOW!!! Not only was there snow... but we were having a partial blizzard on my way back up to the airport We’re talking fishtailing, slow moving, winds, iced roads, etc. Hey, I’m just siked that I got to see snow!!!
I can’t wait to get back up there. I can’t believe it had been 3 years since my last visit. I also can’t believe how much I missed my friends and family up there!!! I’m determined to not let that much time go by before I get back up there!
Friday, January 5, 2007
Vacation Round Two - Utah
Posted by Jenn at 1:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment