I cant believe what a loser I have turned into. As a teenager, I never would have thought that my life would have amounted to this little, and that I would have been this big of a loser.
I live almost 700 miles away from absolutely everyone that I consider a friend. Being up here, and listening to what other people do with their friends, has made me realize that even those people down in CA and I don’t have that kind of relationship. Don’t get me wrong. Yes, they are my friends but its not like we can hang out. Our relationships consist of sitting at their house, and watching TV, and playing with their kids. Up here I go to work, and work my butt off then go to school and work my butt off and then go home and do the same thing all over again the next day. No, I don’t regret leaving Antioch. Im glad I got away from my family but at what expense did I do it. I lost my only human contact. Even if I didn’t take advantage of it I knew it was there if I needed it (I could go to friends if I needed to).
Im almost 30 years old. Im a sophomore in college. I live in a basement apartment. Dang it, I drive a car that my dad bought me, up until 2 months ago I was sleeping on an air mattress or a futon, and I’ve never even had a credit card. I spend my weekends home alone watching crap on TV and for those of you who are going to say some smart ass remark I have a remark of my own for you. I want you to answer me something think back to how you’ve met people: neighborhood, kids, Spouse, clubs, work, school, church, etc right?!?!? Well, lets break that down: Neighborhood: I live in a basement beneath an 80-year old FREAK in a neighborhood of 70 year old hippy wanna-bes or complete Yuppie young families. Kids: Don’t got ’em. Spouse: See kids. Clubs: Don’t drink, don’t dance, and don’t belong to any. Work: Fun people, don’t want to hang out with me cause they have friends from the other categories. School: Can we say a whole group of 18 year old punks who live at home and don’t know what a job is like that doesn’t consist of the words paper or plastic. Church: Im so freakin’ tired of being judged for things that I do (don’t do), say (don’t say), have done (haven’t done), did (didn’t do), etc.
I just don’t see how people can say that being alone can be enjoyable. I guess I should rephrase that. I hate being lonely not necessarily being alone. Loneliness blows, but I guess that makes sense since my life seems to be taking that kind of a turn lately.
Yeah, deal with the rambling.. if you've read the last one.. you'll get it.
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Where did my life go completely off-course?
Posted by Jenn at 1:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment