Thursday (June 12th):
Initially wanted to sleep all day, but decided to get my butt in gear. Worked with the 1st grade teacher to clean up her room for summer and purge out all the stuff she’s not using anymore. Apparently, my organizational skills "inspire her". Go figure!! Plus side for me… I get all the stuff she’s getting rid of (only good condition stuff, of course). Also a good opportunity for me to see the “bones” of a classroom and how to best arrange everything. Came home and slept!
Friday (June 13th):
Seriously… is it really the 13th already!?!?!? Tomorrow’s the big day. Family comes in tonight. This morning I treated myself to a hot cider, pedicure and manicure! Do you have any idea how GREAT that felt! This last year has kicked my butt… and I felt it was drastically deserved!!! Once I had felt sufficiently pampered, Colleen and I spent the afternoon terrorizing WinCo to prepare for family to come in. I’ve been a devoted customer for close to a year, but this was the first time for Colleen, and I’m pretty sure, I’ve brought her over to my side! ☺ Sisters and nephew came in earlier than expected (7ish) which left plenty of time to do some walking around campus and swing by the local pizza joint (thank goodness for decent Portland weather!!).
On the way back from pizza, we cut through a few of the school buildings. Here's Alex and I in the "...ology" building (geology, psychology, sociology, etc).
We're the Class of 2008!!!
Here's Alex scooter'ing down the basement of Cramer Hall (the 'ology building).
Sisters couldn’t get over how “cute” my apartment was, or how “downtown” it was. It was fun to watch them get all excited over the urban living thing I’ve got going on.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Thursday and Friday
Posted by Jenn at 12:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment