
Well... here’s my schedule!!!! 19 credits...Let the pity begin....... NOW!
Monday:
11:30 - 12:20 Beginning Piano
12:45 - 3:05 Math Fundamentals
4:00 - 5:50 Orientation Leadership Training
Tuesday:
10:00 - 10:50 OL small group session
4:00 - 6:30 Computer Applications in the Classroom
Wednesday:
11:30 - 12:20 Beginning Piano
12:45 - 3:05 Math Fundamentals
4:00 - 5:50 Orientation Leadership Training
Thursday:
4:00 - 6:30 Introduction to Education
Friday:
11:30 - 12:20 Beginning Piano
Here’s an idea of what these classes are....
Piano: Ok, duh.. this is group piano lessons. I needed an elective, and since I took the class on how to teach music to students, I figured I already had the basics down... so I could put them into perspective.
Math: The class that I took last term of how to teach math to students is one of a series. This term I’m taking the second in the series. Last term we went over basic math, and algebra; this term we’re working on geometry.
Orientation Leader Training: An element of my being an Orientation Leader beginning in Summer 07, they require us to take a training course. Every class, 1-3 departments/services come into class and tell us all about their services, and what information they feel is important for us to pass on to new students. If you want to read more about this... check out the blog called “Orientation Leader”
OL Small Group: In my Orientation training class, we were split into small groups (4-5 people) and we meet once a week to talk about the readings that we were assigned, and to have more group discussions.
Computer Applications in the Classroom: In this class, we work with all sorts of computer software programs and figure out how to use those programs in the classroom. A lot of these programs are the typical Microsoft programs (although we’re using more than just the word processing feature), and some of them are more “kid friendly” programs (Kidspiration, KidPix, etc). We’re even learning about other types of technology, and how to use them in the classroom (video, digital images, slideshows, movies, music, etc).
Introduction to Education: This class isn’t a prerequisite for grad school, but they do recommend it. But, when I went to this class last week, I learned something about it. That something... was DEJA VU!!! I took a class almost EXACTLY to this class back at LMC in 2002. I’m meeting with my academic advisor next week to see about waiving this class (or applying my former classes credit toward this class instead of its current location on my transcript as an elective).
So.. pretty crazy... don’tcha think!?!?!?!?
Saturday, April 7, 2007
Spring Term 2007
Posted by Jenn at 2:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment