
Most of you know that I'm going to be working this summer as an Orientation Leader... right? If not.. pay attention! :-) I thought I'd kinda explain what that means.. and what my responsibilities are going to be.
Basically, I work 13 New Student/Transfer Student Orientations between July 1st and September 30th. We are in the middle of training for this right now.. and we'll kick it off at the beginning of summer. We are in charge of conducting campus tours, understanding and explaining all about graduation requirements, majors, and university resources/services. For example, we are learning all about the campus recreation department, advising center, disability resource center, child care, women's resources, tuition, parking... you get the point. We are given a group of about 15-30 each Orientation who we guide around campus the whole day (peer advising, academic advising, registration, etc). Basically... we learn ALL about everything Portland State related... and then convey it to the students and their families.
We also have to put together events during New Student Week (the week before classes start). I'll post more about that when I figure out what I'm doing. Stay tuned.....
Monday, April 30, 2007
Being an OL
Posted by Jenn at 2:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment