I know it's been a while since I've written on here, but things have gotten a little out of control lately. Work got insane and tried to take me down with it (but somehow I pulled out of it). School worked ok (at least for this upcoming term). I've decided that I'm only going to take it one term at a time, and then stress about it when the time comes. I can't handle the long term decisions right now. I'm afraid they'll kill me off.
I'm in Arizona on a much needed vacation. I'm hoping that the vacation part of this will start up tomorrow! Up till now it's been all about JRBs wedding. For those of you haven't heard... JRB is like my family. I've known their family most of my life, and pretty much all of his. I used to babysit for him, and his family and I are very close. Yep... someone that I consider a little brother/nephew got married... before me. I shouldn't say that.. the way that comes out is like I'm shocked. I'm not. If I were shocked, then there would be a problem. I hit a certain age, and figured it would probably happen. Let's just say that knowing it would happen, and actually watching it happen are 2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS!!!! The wedding itself was fine (or at least watching the "outside the temple" stuff). The reception, however... was a different story. You know how I said that I was basically a part of the family. Well, I should clarify something. To MOST of them I am... to A FEW of them, they would rather I just stopped coming to family functions. And of course, there's the single factor. They're all cousins, siblings, couples, or friends... and... then there's me. The people that I'm closest with are the 40-50 y/o crowd, and they were enjoying the time with the kids/grandkids/nieces... and so I spent a considerable amount of time this weekend with the teenagers, or (at the reception) with my cell phone in my car (or in a dark corner where no one would notice me).
I wanted to be able to spend time talking with two of my 40-50 y/o crowd friends, but they were too preoccupied to devote too much time with me. So, that didn't happen. I don't want to sleep my whole time down here, but I also don't really want to get into that situation more often than necessary this week. I have a couple of days this week where I'm hoping to get to see a few of my Antioch friends, and maybe get away a little bit to be by myself (not exactly what I wanted to do... but oh well).
Sunday, March 19, 2006
Vacation Update
Posted by Jenn at 1:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment