Alright.. so I'm not the best at doing this regularly
I know it's been forever since I updated on here.. but if you knew my life, you'd totally understand. This last 10 weeks I have been working full time, and taking 9 credits at PSU. Let me just tell you this... this schedule is enough to drive me to drink. It's incredibly stressful and time consuming. My schedule goes like this:
7:45 - wake up, throw clothes on, make sure I have everything I'll need for work, school, lunch, dinner, tennis, etc.
8:30 - Head off to work.
9:00 - get to work, and realize that I have inevitably left something at home that I need. Determine if this is a day where I actually get to take a 1 hour lunch. If not, decide that I don't need whatever I left at home that bad.. and if I do, oh well. If I do get a lunch, decide if I'd rather eat, sleep or drive home to get whatever I left.
9-noon - Instant oatmeal for breakfast, and some "just-add-water" hot chocolate (or cider). Answer non-stop phone calls, set up the conference room, etc. Figure out what is priority to do... what is not a priority but still needs to get done.. and what someone has "pawned" off on me to do so they don't have to.
Noon - Wave at my friends as they leave for lunch and I'm dealing with mail.
1-2 - depending on the day, I may or may not get this time to actually eat. If I do get the time.. I may decide to forgo eating for a quick power nap in my car. Or, I can head downstairs and spend an arm & a leg on a soup and sandwich (because I can't tell you the last time I had a chance to go grocery shopping)
2-4:30 - Answer more phone calls. Code freight bills ( I know you don't know what that is.. but trust me.. it's time consuming).
4:30-5 - Get the mail ready to take down, prep UPS packages to go out, clean the kitchen, do the dishes, restock the sodas (that's a chore all in itself), and shut down the computer system.
5:00-9:30 - Hitch a ride on the bus up to school. Sit in class taking notes from professors lectures. Tuesdays aren't bad. The teacher that night is from Singapore and has a VERY thick Asian accent. This does make her difficult to understand, but when I tell you about my Thursday professor.. you'll realize why I look forward to Tuesdays. My Thursday teacher is from the middle east. But his accent is only part of the puzzle. He also has a neurological disorder that causes him to pause for about 30 seconds every 5-10 minutes. Then, when he snaps back, he picks up right where he left off (not knowing he paused). Because of this disorder, he also has developed a speech impediment. I would estimate his speech at being able to correctly pronounce about 12 of 26 letters. Most of the time he sounds like he has a mouth full of rocks.
9:30 - drive home
10:00 - Get home, unpack all my day's stuff, eat a bowl of cereal, shower, figure out what to wear the next day, Open the fridge and remove what ever has gone bad from my not eating it (can't eat it when you're never home). Read my mail, figure out which class I have the next day and repack for the next day.
12:00 (on a good day) - go to sleep
7:45am - do it all over again.
See what I mean.. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll write more later.
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
My Life... in a nutshell!
Posted by Jenn at 1:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment