Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Year of the Bucket


We've all seen the movie (alright... that was a presumptuous statement... but go with it). The Bucket List.... what we want to accomplish before we die (aka... kick the "bucket"). Thanks to a few amazing friends, I have begun to work on mine. Well, that's not entirely true. I have one from when I was younger that I've been slowly hoping I'd accomplish, but no real action on my part.... that one was more "if fate steps in, I hope this happens" kinda thing.

Well... NOT ANYMORE! I have set out a few goals for myself, and a lot of things I WANT to do, try or experience! Now, if I listed something here, it means that somewhere.... deep down...I want to do these things. Several of them are insanely terrifying, and it'll probably take an act of divine intervention to get me to do it.... that's where some SERIOUS encouragement is going to be required!

I think that SOOOO many of these things would be a BLAST to do with friends.... so I'm posting it on here, so my friends can jump in and choose which things they would love to give a whirl too! I'll also (probably) be adding new things to this list as they arise... so check back in regularly to see if I've added anything new that you think would be fun to try!

So... now what you've all been waiting for.... the LIST!!!

  1. Improve at rock climbing, and be able to climb a 5.10
  2. BFF trip to Vegas ;-)
  3. "Trainings"
  4. Wine Tasting
  5. See a show on Broadway in NYC
  6. Singles Cruise
  7. Girlfriends Cruise
  8. Get a passport - go out of the country
  9. Teach overseas
  10. Learn to use a sewing machine
  11. Run a 5K in less than 45 minutes
  12. Get a teaching credential
  13. Get back into volleyball
  14. Become conversational in sign language again
  15. Complete my Masters Degree
  16. Fall in Love - Be in Love ;-)
  17. Give Birth/Have a Family
  18. Gain a best friend... who sees me as theirs
  19. Climb Y mountain
  20. Hike to the Timp Caves again (minus altitude sickness)
  21. See Donny and Marie on stage
  22. Genealogy trip to the south (AR, LA, AL, TX, OK)
  23. Tour Europe (Paris, Germany, Rome, Greece, Italy, etc)
  24. Get on stage and sing Karaoke
  25. Cross Country Road Trip
  26. Skydive
  27. Learn to manage my finances
  28. Buy a home
  29. Spa Retreat
  30. Learn to ski (well.... go, and see if I even want to continue)
  31. Scuba dive/snorkel
  32. Ride in a Hot Air balloon
  33. BFF trip to San Francisco ;-)
  34. Learn to knit
  35. Learn to drive a motorcycle
  36. Get my carry/conceal license
  37. Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge
  38. Visit all 50 states
  39. Create something using pottery
  40. Finish writing my book
  41. Buy something on Rodeo Drive
  42. Smile More!!!
  43. Laugh More!!!
  44. Let Loose!!!
  45. See all the Oscar Award Winners for Best Picture
  46. Read the top 100 classic novels of all time
  47. Swim with dolphins
  48. Attend a volleyball match in the summer Olympics
  49. Go on a meditation retreat
  50. Visit a European castle
  51. Visit the Louvre
  52. Ride an elephant
  53. Learn to say hello in 50 different languages
  54. Learn the play the piano
  55. Ring in the New Year in Times Square
  56. Pet a Koala Bear
  57. Climb up the Statue of Liberty
  58. Go to Disneyland - stay in the Disneyland Hotel
  59. Go to Hawaii
  60. Keep a gratitude journal
  61. Be silly!!!! (HAPPY DANCE!!!!)
  62. Learn to live in the now
  63. Experience TRUE bliss!!!!
  64. Learn to love myself!!!!
  65. Learn Yoga
  66. Find a favorite author... read all their books, and know why they are my favorite
  67. Dance... and enjoy it (the MOST terrifying of all!!)
  68. Attend a professional sports game (as many sports as possible)
  69. Learn to cook an elaborate meal
  70. Be more spontaneous!!
  71. Visit Niagra Falls
  72. See Old Faithful erupt
  73. Start a business
  74. Take a Martial Arts Class
  75. Volunteer at a soup kitchen
  76. Go Whale Watching
  77. Fly in a Helicopter
  78. Washington DC Trip
  79. Caviar
  80. Read the entire Bible

4 comments:

JAnderegg said...

Love your list! I'll have to think of the ones I want to do with you. I've always wanted to take a pottery class. They offer them through Lehi Arts and in AF by the school at an art place.

Angie Miske said...

First, did you know I used to live in Germany and attended University there and speak almost fluent German?

BUCKET LIST: Rock climb 5.10 NO PROBLEM> I'd love to coach you to that.

Hot Air Balloon: I have such fond memories of going as a child, I would love to go again. I believe Park City has flights.

NYC: I would love to take a long weekend and head to NYC with a friend. Seeing a show would be awesome. I've been once before and I saw Sweet Charity and Spelling Bee...awesome!

Going to Germany...well, of course! I'm always up for going to Germany...castle...I know some good ones I could take ya too!

Next Christmas, we are going to Australia...wanna come with? I can't guarentee you can hold a Koloa, because in New South Wales, there is a law against it, but you can pet them. My parents used to live in Sydney and this is the wild life park we went to. http://www.symbiozoo.com.au/

Climb y Mountain...I've never done this, but have wanted to. As long as its not a summer day, I'm all for this!

Ski...wanna come out to Keystone and SKi with me?

Beckie -Your sista said...

Reading your list was inspiring. Now I want to make one. Mark them off so you seeing the accomplishments that you have made. It's interesting to see which ones on your list I have done.
NYC Boradway I was lucky enough to do. Statue Of Liberty too. But you are closterphobic, so I'd think long and hard before you walk up to the crown..

Pam said...

Love the list. I think I should make one too!