I got my email this morning about my placement. I'll be at Anytown School (all names/locations have been changed to protect the innocent & the guilty) in Anytown, Oregon (that's broad enough I felt pretty safe with that one).
I'm going to be in a 3rd grade class with a teacher named Jane Doe. The email from my school's Placement Advisor told me to contact Mrs. Z immediately to set something up for this week. Well, she's in meetings all day, so I'm stuck simply leaving a voice mail, and I'm not expecting to hear anything from her until tomorrow... which means I probably won't get a chance to go over there till at least Wednesday.
I'm so frustrated that it's taken this long to get placed. I feel like I'm missing out on so much "preliminary" time with my teacher, and at my school... and now it's gotten pushed back even further. Other members of my cohort have started at their schools today, and are going to be working there all week... setting up the class, becoming familiar with the curriculum, learning their way around the school, etc! I'm missing out on all of this. And.... school starts in ONE week!! Sheesh - Way to bring it down to the wire!




0 comments:
Post a Comment