I saw this on my friends Myspace... and I loved it! Talk about bringing back some great memories.
How much was gas when you started driving?
$.98
Did you ever own a record player?
You betcha!
What year did you graduate high school?
1995
Do you own any Oldies Music? If so, what?
Oh yeah... 80's, 70's, 60's... you name it.. I've probably got it
Where did you go on your first date?
Roller Haven
Do or did you own a pair of roller skates?
Yep... my first pair looked like a pair of tennis shoes on wheels!
Have you ever played skip-it?
Yea, but I wasn't blessed with movement coordination. Sport's coordination... that's another story.
Do you remember moon shoes?
Of course!
Did you ever do the Macarana dance?
Who didn't?!?! But it took me a LONG time to get it down.
What was your first pet's name?
Cookie
Have you ever dyed your hair a weird color?
Not extreme... but I did go from blonde to a deep dark auburn over night
Did you ever play four square?
4 square, AND 2 square!
What about Hopscotch?
Yeah, but not my favorite
Or Dodgeball?
Yea
Have you ever won a goldfish at the fair?
Nope
Where did you meet your best friend?
My neighborhood... 2 years old... Lori T.
Do you know how to do the Electric Slide?
No
Did you like strawberry or chocolate milk better?
Chocolate... but sometimes you're in the mood for a change
What was your favorite food as a kid?
Breakfast: Cream of Wheat.
Lunch: turkey sandwiches
Dinner: homemade spaghetti and salad at my grandma's house
What was the 1st video game console you owned?
I can honestly say I never owned one. I think we acquired the original Nintendo sometime in the 90's... but I was already out of the house.
How old were you when you got your first car?
17... 1973 Yellow VW bug... Thanks Sanchez!!!
What was your 1st job?
That's a toss up... 1988 I started teaching swimming lessons at AHS.... and in 1992 I ran rides at Pixie Playland in Concord.
Have you ever had a fuzzy steering wheel?
Yep... my young women surprised me by decorating my car for my 25th birthday. Not only did I get the fuzzy pink steering wheel cover... I got the matching mirror cover.
Have you ever made rice krispy treats?
you bet
How old were you when you got a house key?
9 or 10… around the same time my parents left me to babysit.
Ever met Geoffrey the giraffe?
No, but I did meet Ronald McDonald
Did the robots on the chuck-e-cheese stage scare you?
No
What was the first rollercoaster your rode?
Not really sure... either the Jet Starr, The Loggers Revenge or the Big Dipper (all at Santa Cruz... we went ALL the time).
What is your favorite arcade game?
Skee Ball and Air Hockey
Who was your first sleepover with?
I'm sure it was Lori... we did everything together!!!
What is your favorite ride at the fair?
When I was young it was the Scrambler... Now, I don't know... it's been a while since I rode rides at the fair.
What's the best fair food?
Corn Dogs and Pretzels
How old were you when you got your piercings/tatoos?
Ears at 13, again at 15, again at 17..but now I'm back to 1.
What were your school colors?
Elementary/Jr. High: green/gold (Bears and Spartans)
High School: black/gold (AHS) and blue/white (PHS)
Community College: gold/maroon (LMC)
University: green/white (PSU)
How long can you make it on a pogo stick?
Back to the movement coordination thing.
Did you have a red wagon? A Motor powered fisher price car?
no... to both.
Did you ride the school bus? Was it short?
Nope... walked (or rode my bike) 2 blocks to Elementary... and "up the hill both ways" to Junior High!!! :-)
What was your favorite toy as a kid?
Sit n' spin... and my bike
Do you remember the 'My Buddy/Kid Sister' theme song?
My Buddy... My buddy.... yes, unfortunately.
What do you miss most about your childhood?
The closeness of my old neighborhood, the friends, the innocence, the ability to go/do/explore, the ability to be kids.
What friend of yours have you known the longest? How long?
Lori and I have been friends since we were 2... We're 31 now... so I think that definitely qualifies as the longest. I've almost known her longer than all 3 of my sisters.
Have you seen every episode of Full House?
Heck yea. Funny story: I was the same age as DJ, my sister was close to same age as Stephanie... and my twin sisters are the same age at Michelle. We watched that show religiously.
Where there any shows you were forbidden to watch as a kid?
no
Do you have a limit as to how much tv you could watch per day?
no (and didn't when i was a kid either)
Were you allowed to have sweets before dinner?
probably not... but I don't really remember it being an issue
Did you parents tell you the walking barefoot, up and down the mountain in the snow to school story?
no, but I can when I have kids.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Remember When?
Posted by Jenn at 3:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I had roller skates like that too! Thanks for the memories!
Post a Comment