So... this post will only make sense to those of you that are LDS, but everyone is encouraged to ask questions, or make comments.
Yesterday was my stakes annual "Day of Redemption". This is something that is fairly unique to the Portland Oregon Temple (in that I haven't heard of it in any other areas I've lived in). Basically, it's an entire day designated to temple work for a specific stake in the area. It started at 5:30 in the morning and went until 9:30 that night. Ordinances are performed all day, but there are specific ones for our stake, which allows people to attend for as much (or as little) as they are able throughout the day. Many people went at 5:30 for a session, and then went work... and then came back afterwards. I had the opportunity to participate in 3 sessions and iniatories from 2:30-9:30. It was an such a fantastic experience. It was intensified by the fact that I provided alot of the names for my stake to do the work for. What a wonderful experience!
Friday, November 2, 2007
Day of Redemption
Posted by Jenn at 12:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
That's a REALLY cool idea.
Post a Comment