Saturday, September 22, 2007

Summer in Review


Well, the summer has officially come to a close... THANK GOODNESS!!!!!

This summer has been absolutely horrendous. Between 14 credits of upper division classes, moving to my new apartment, working 12 hour days as an Orientation Leader on campus, working 16 hours a week at my old office and training another employee at my former office.... AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. See what I mean about a crazy summer. I'm so glad that it's over!!!

I did, finally, get to go a vacation back to California for a few weeks. It was so nice being able to actually step away from unpacking, courses, working, etc... and soak up 16 days of sunshine. I even spent a fantastic day with my sisters and my nephew at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Roller Coasters, corn dogs, french fries, seals in the ocean, sand crabs, me screaming my head off on the Typhoon, and creepy climbing pirates.

I also had the opportunity to spend several days at the Oakland Temple (LDS). I attended my friend's sealing, did about 60 family baptisms & confirmations, did 20 initiatories (including my mom's, grandma's, great grandma's and several great aunts), and did 4 endowments (my surrogate mom went with me... I did my mom's, she did my grandma's). It was such an amazing experience!!!

Ok... so, I guess I've held you at bay long enough. Summer term grades... drum roll please...

MultiCultural Literature: A
Minorities: C- (trust me... that's a good one.. I'm just THRILLED it's over)
Survey of Exceptional Learners: A
Social Change and Social Institutions: B


Not bad, huh!!!!

0 comments: