Well, if you came to this entry, you were curious about what LDSSA, or the Institute of Religion is. Well, here goes. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. As an element of the CES (Church Educational System), most major colleges and universities have a building owned by our church on their campus, or very close by to the campus. This campus serves many purposes, with its main element being an educational building for religion based courses: New Testament, Old Testament, Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, Doctrines of the Gospel, Missionary Preparation, and numerous others. The “Institute” building also has a full functioning kitchen, library (place to study), quiet room (piano, couches, places to visit), game room (foos ball table, pool table, vending machines, air hockey, ping pong, cable TV, etc). The Institute here in Portland also has a chapel for Sunday meetings, and a half court basketball court. By being a student (and taking more than 8 credits), I am automatically enrolled in the LDSSA (Latter-Day Saint Students Association). I decided to take it to the next level, and become an officer. I’ve been meeting with the faculty advisor (who’s my NT teacher), and the president (who’s in my NT class)... and I’m going to try to bring more activities to the LDSSA/Institute. Next week, we meet with the on-campus club coordinator, and then I’ll know a little more about what my responsibilities will be. I’m really excited!!! Wish me luck!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment