Friday, March 28, 2008

Great News!!!

For those of you that I haven't called to tell personally... here's the good news!

First, I got my grades from last term: 3 A's and 2 B's. Woo Hoo!!! This means I get to graduate on time: 10 weeks and counting!

Second... and the BIGGEST!!! I got accepted into Graduate School!! I got into my first choice that would mean the least upheaval in my life. I'll be starting as a grad student at Portland State University's Graduate School of Education in July, and I'll be starting student teaching in August. By the following August, I'll have credentials for PreK-8, and a Masters Degree in Education. I'll also have some credits toward my reading and library/media technology endorsements.

I have worked so hard to get to this point, and have struggled against odds that most people wouldn't understand.. but I've done it!! I was one of 90 who got accepted for the entire year... so that (in itself) was a major accomplishment. I have wanted to teach for as long as I can remember, and have purposely placed myself in educational-helping situations since I was 10. I have worked over the last 13 years to continue on this path, and the finish line is finally in sight! I can't begin to explain how much this means to me, and how often I have dreamed of this moment!

Thank you to everyone out there who has NOT said "it's about time". Thank you to everyone who has encouraged me and believes that it doesn't matter how long it takes, just as long as I get there. Thank you to everyone who believed that I could (and should) do this. Thank you to those who have allowed me to "teach" them in some capacity... which contributed significantly to my acceptance! Thank you for getting excited with me throughout all the steps along this trip!!! Thank you!

3 comments:

Miss M said...

That's GREAT NEWS!!! I'm happy for you.

Orange Peanut said...

Congrats!!! Way to go and props for sticking with it!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

wow!! that's so exciting. my countdown till graduation felt SO slow, but after its over it will feel like it hardly took any time at all. Then graduate school, that is totally awesome!!! way to go!