So much has happened with me in the past few weeks... it’s been kind of hard to get on here so often. Last week was midterms, so (as most of you know... that’s torture in itself). Here comes the “stop reading of you don’t care” moment. :-)
Let’s see...
Spanish: Apparently I’m doing really well in this class (shock shock). Today, I finished my 2nd composition in this class (1st was a self description, and the 2nd was about “mi amigos”) We’re also learning the countries, nationalities, and languages of 24 foreign countries. Thank goodness... no midterm. But, 3 more weeks till the oral final, and 4 weeks till the written final. Wish me luck!!!
Family Studies: Did my presentation on Families with Disabilities FINALLY! The day we were supposed to present one person didn’t show... the second day, another person didn’t show... but we did it anyway! Other than that... it’s just lots of readings, and movie clips. No midterm, and no final.. WAHOO!!!
American Family History: Just had my midterm. Can I just tell you.. I HATE THIS CLASS!!! This is one of those professors that only has 4 things that they base the grade on.. and each one if 25% of the grade... you mess up on anything, and you pretty much blow it. Like this midterm... 2 essay questions.... and since this is the first thing she’s had us turn in, we have NO idea of her grading style. I hate that!!! I finally selected my topic for the research paper. I’m writing on the effects of Pre WW2 sharecropping on families in the American South, and the correlation between sharecropping and African American slavery. Rough draft is due next week... and the final draft is due on the 21st.
Psychology of Women: I’ve been spending a lot of my spare time meeting with my group to plan our group presentation (we’ll give it on November 9th). We’re doing Women and Friendships. We’re doing a timeline format... touching on adolescence friendships, young adult, adult-middle age, and seniors. I’m focusing on the “Urban Tribe” theory of friendships. I’m taking a lot from the “Sex and the City” group and the “Friends” group. I’ll explain the human nature to create family connections when your own nuclear families are not close proximally... and how those connections can be maintained over time and how they are not contingent upon a similarity in life stages.
Man.. those last sentences make me really realize that I am in college full time... I actually talk like that now... how sad is that!!??!?!?!?
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Ok.. So what's new with me???
Posted by Jenn at 1:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment